Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mitra (ww)     02 March 2010

LEased Agricultural Land Sale / Transfer

Hello,

I need to know the procedure for selling a agricultural land.

A relative of mine, who is a non agriculturalist , had taken 1000 sq. ft. of agricultural land in Pune District , Maharashtra on lease for 999 years. A premium was paid to the land owner. The lease stated that the land should be used for the purpose of agriculture or for residential purpose only. So a small house was built on the land with the permission of the loacl authority i.e. grampanchayat.

A few years later, this relative again took the adjoining piece of 500 sq.ft.agricultural land form the same owner for lease of 999 years, with the payment of premium . The trems of lease remained same. No construction was done on this newly acquired piece of land.

The relative stayed in the small house and paid the taxes till now. Now he wishes to dispose the entire land a1500 sq. ft. longwith the constructed house on 1000 sq. ft.  So the obvious question are -

1) will it be sale deed or transfer of lease deed and what is its format (website link appreciated)?

2) what are the documents required for this transaction from my relative's side?

3) is the NOC of original owner required for this sale /transfer? is there any consideration to be paid to the original owner?

4) is there a need to register this transaction and if so, who pays the stamp duty?

Thanks and Regards,

MITRA..

(mitr_ur_friend@rediffmail.com)

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register