LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V.K.Deshpande (Agriculture)     18 January 2015

Lease transfer

I own agri.land,now used for NA purposes,under a special permission granted about 100 years ago by the Collector under British Rules,then.THis was  Paragana Watan Land.Our ancestors were not allowed to sell such lands but were allowed to lease them out for agri.use,by farmers/cultivators.A special permission was ggiven to use this peace of land for non agri.purposes like indurstires,housing etc.

After independence, in 1949,the then Bombay State govt, abolished this Paraana Watan Act,taking over all the lands.THe landowners/lords were asked to pay 6 times the assessment nd retain Occupancy Rights.,for their own use for ari.purpopses.by leasin them out or self cultivation.But there was no mention about lands lready under permanrent lease or perpetul lease.Lter all sujch lands were vested in the Govt.after reroranisation of States,wen these came under Karnataka Land Reforms Acr.1961,1974 etc.

My question is about the validity of lease agreements under British rule, after all these changes.The leaseholders are transferring the lands under such agreements i.e.sub letting or even sale deeds under the gusie of tranfer of lease-hold rights without the kn kowlwdge of owners.Presently such transfers are entered in R of Rs keepin the owners name as well as Govt. Can the owners transfer ownership rihts of lands ynder such lease areements?The priinal areement are simple without ant specific conditions,wxcept for payment of leaseam,ount fixedf as per the value of the land at that time.Any legal rememdy possible?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register