LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish Khanolkar   12 October 2021

Lease deed of mcgm of 999 years

Hi,Please give me guidline,   At Sion,Mumbai i have one property belongs to my relative,which is a lease property alloted by MCGM in the year 1950,There is Canara Bank at the ground floor which is sub leased since the same period,I have retrived the old documents from MCGM authority on which its clearly mentioned theat the whole documents are of pure lease of 999 years, now the said buiding is quite old and we want to develope it,we have approached Canara Bank for the same,Now the bank is not ready to show the papers which according to them its sale documents,I have filed RTI to sub registrar,Canara Bank for the same, my question is if the lease deed is for 999 years and Canara Bank is sub leased,then does the Canara bank hold any rights to interfere or object in the said developement. pLease guide Regards

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=220572&offset=1

Learning

9 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 October 2021

Contact a local advocate showing such sale deed and lease term of 999 years and he may guide you suitably in this regard finding such loopholes or such clauses that may help you if any.

Harish Khanolkar   13 October 2021

THANKS A LOT

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     13 October 2021

It will all depend on the terms, conditions and covenants of both the lease deeds, first with the MCGM and second with Canara Bank. Consult a praticing lawyer conversant with property matters.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 October 2021

Is it 1850 or 1950? Who was the grantor - MCGM or Collector, Thane (or Thana)?

Harish Khanolkar   13 October 2021

lease deed on 1950,MCGM,Mumbai,

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 October 2021

To my knowledge sion was not part of the mumbai Municipal Corporation until 1950. So also, all the leased properties of the Municipal Corporation and its instrumentalities are situated within the Island of Mumbai and not beyond.

Harish Khanolkar   14 October 2021

Sir,

I have retrived the lease copy of MCGM,It says that MCGM has given the property to my relative on lease of 999 years and Canara Bank is sub leased,if it so,

then can Canara bank holds any righ to obstruct the developement part ?

please guide

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 October 2021

The dispute is with Canara bank, file RTI Application and demand the agreements/deeds on such sublease.

Harish Khanolkar   14 October 2021

exactly sir,I have filed RTI on 6th oct 2021,even the CPIO of the bank is not answering properly,

Now the question arises is if the Bank is owner than why the PR ( property ) card is not updated till now,

Secondly, according to the MCGM ( Lessor ) database the Canara Bank Ltd is purely sub leased ( only for banking purpose - non residential )

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register