LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fight for justice (manager)     08 August 2013

Lease deed

My husband has taken flat on lease and executed lease deed between himself and owner for Rs 40,000 per month. He is now insisting that i pay him 50%of the lease rental by fund transfer to his account.

- Since I am bearing 50% of cost, how can i document this as this will impact my tax returns etc?

- can I ask for lease deed to be executed in our joint names and stating that we will share the lease payments on equal basis?

- If that does not work out and I pay the money to my husband, what is preferred route - by cheque or online fund transfer?

Learning

4 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     08 August 2013

if he insists to share rental amount from ur pocket, go for a renewed lease agreemnt involving both of you, open a new joint account and transfer from ur usual saving account to that acount and both of u make a payment from tht account,,ask for  rent receipt in both of you name.

Fight for justice (manager)     08 August 2013

Thanks. If owner does not agree to issue new lease agreement, then would it help if we still open joint account and make payment from there to owner?

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     08 August 2013

he has to oblige insists him to do that, because it will be useful for tax purpose.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 August 2013

Simply joint account will not help. Joint names should appear in the lease agreement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register