LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VK   25 September 2015

Lease agreement or rental agreement

I have rented my shop to a tenant for the last ten years and there is no legal documents or agreement on lease. Now we have decided to have a legal agreement for the next two years only after having serious dispute with him recently. Should I go for Renatal Agreement or Lease Agreement, please? I want to get rid off him as early as possible. Any best suggestions are welcome, please.

Thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 September 2015

you go for a leave and license agreement for eleven months and if  the property is anywhere else other than maharashtra you need not register the agreement.

VK   25 September 2015

The property is in Hyderabad. I will get the registration done for this agreement.

Should I go for Rental or Lease Agreement, please?

naveenraj jain (proprietor)     26 September 2015

You still think the tenant shall vacate after two years...never...better file suit for eviction. Or you will have to file it after two years when you want the premises back.

Paresh   28 January 2016

I am living with my friend in rented house in Navi Mumbai. He has already have rental agreement. I need fresh rental agreement, but broker is ignoring that your friend has already have rental agreement and you cant make new agreement, till the validity of current agreement ends. My friend is ready to cancel current agreement, but dont know procedure for it. Please suggest the steps to cancel current rental agreement and make new agreement for both of us. Also please tell how much it will cost?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register