LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek H Bedarker (A)     06 December 2016

Learning law professionally as a new career

Sir, I am an engineer 38 yrs of age with 15 years of experience in an oil PSU. Due to various reasons I want to change my profession to advocate and study/practice law. This is because of my true nature of logical and analytical reasoning and able to convince people on interpretation of various guidelines (our internal only at present). During this period I have also interacted with various advocates on various official matters and I really wanted to be one of them. Also I have reasons to believe that they also liked to discuss the cases with me due to my reasoning. Sir I want to know that if I want to be an advocate and practice law then what are the options before me like which are the best law schools in india and also in Gujarat(where I am based), and how much time it takes to become a practicing advocate? Also what is the difference between practicing at lower court/high court/supreme court? Kindly guide me. REGARDS Vivek H Bedarker

Learning

6 Replies

Also sir i read that there is age limit to join LLB and practice. Does it mean that I cannot become an advocate? Please guide me

Sir if BCI has indeed taken such decision then I ask the following 1) I am not contesting for any govt/pvt job in Law where because there is upper age limit for retirement therefore obviously there has to be some age limit for joining. This is because in job there are various positions where at each level some time is needed for experience to perform and qualify to reach next level. In my PSU there are 11 levels from trainee to chairman 2) If I want to study law and practice, then obviously I am going to be responsible for my success/failures. Where does age come in this? If I perform badly then no client would come to me. Where is BCI or age in concern 3) Even for admission I need to take exam and pass. If I am not good enough then I fail. SO how come I will come in way of young law aspirants? 4) If I join a course then obviously I am serious. How can a non serious person study for 3 years giving exams? What has age to do with it? 5) Isn't BCI attempting to block the basic right of a person to study and practice if the person is qualified enough to pass tests, give 3 years to study? BCI can definately hold as many exams as they want but how can they stop someone on basis of his age? I am not asking for salary or fixed perks? Sir finally I just want to know whether my dream (which I had just started moulding) had been punctured even before I could try to make it come true?

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     06 December 2016

If minimum 1 year you  assist a senior lawyer thoroughly learning drafting, ' court Room Arguments. Very good English etc apart from logical reasoning and analytical reasoning you can step into a bright and prosperous career.Diplomacy and tact are also important.National Law Schools are prestegious. ytou write their tests and qualify.If youu appreciate this reply plese click like button.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     06 December 2016

If minimum 1 year you  assist a senior lawyer thoroughly learning drafting, ' court Room Arguments. Very good English etc apart from logical reasoning and analytical reasoning you can step into a bright and proserous career.Diplomacy and tact are also important.National Law Schools are prestegious. ytou write their tests and qualify.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 December 2016

The Supreme Court  said an emphatic no to any rule that sets an upper age limit for law graduates to enrol as lawyers and thereby puts brakes on career prospects for those who want to take up legal profession after retirement or resignation

kellyleona   08 December 2016

Once in college you will take courses and show signs of improvement thought of what you are skilled at and appreciate doing. In college you can for the most part best assignment service ireland majors up to the end of your second year with little issues and, truth be told, many individuals do precisely that in light of the fact that the profession they had picked does not appear to be as brilliant as it appeared at first. And afterward in a lifetime you will probably have a few vocations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register