LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunil kumar mishra (accountant)     25 July 2013

Leakage in flat

I bought one flat in Ponda Town of 2008 from a builder. My flat is the on the top floor with flat roof. From ther first year in rain, ceilling of my flat becoming wet and leakage from one place out of sleb. After complaining to the builder he applied some waterproffing work with his local mason but it was not sucessful. After strong aruguiging by me and my neighour who also have top flat and same leakage problem. Builder given contract for waterproffing to one expert who given 15 yrs builder not on our name. He did his work first year , 2nd yer , 3rd year and now he he is ready to apply one more coat of his chemical to stop leakage. But still no result is coming and we are facing problem with damp atmosphare and every year expense of painting. This yer we again complained to builder coz this waterproffing expert given gurantee on builder name not our name. We requested to put tinshed on the roof as final solution this problem. but he refused to do this....So, what legaly we can do in consumer court..please suggest....Regards in advance...sorry for poor english


 3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 July 2013

File a consumer complaint for deficiency of service.

C Nadarajan (Advocate)     03 August 2013


You cannot go to Consumer Court immediately.  Y ou have to make your contractor to commi deficiency in service 

C nadarajan

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 August 2013

I respectfully disagree with M. C Nadarajan sicne it do not require anyeffort as such. Better not to waste time and energy and move to consumer forum

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query