25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

patel   07 February 2020

Leakage from above flat kitchen sink in my bedroom

I stay on the first floor in a 13 floor housing society in mumbai. Water leakage from problem in the kitchen drainage in the above floor is coming into my bedroom. I have spent alot of money painting and fixing my walls still water is dripping from above. The owner of the above flat although leakage is completely within his kitchen house is asking me to pay 50 percent for repair of his kitchen leakage. Society is also asking me to pay 50 percent. I spent so much money repainting my bedroom walls which went waist due to above flat leakage and society want me to pay 50 percent to fix this ? Is this correct as per law? If not what is the correct law and how i can ensure the above flat owner fixes the leakage at his own cost ?


 2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     07 February 2020

Dear querist,

Resolve dispute by amicable solution. There is no law so you can contribute for repairs.

1 Like

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     07 February 2020

As per the Maharashtra CHS act internal leakages in CHS flats have to be repaired by the members by sharing the expenses.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query