LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Law $ aam (Executive)     30 September 2010

Leagl

I was leaving with cousin sister of my real grand mother & look after her from last 18 years.She was childless & widow. Now she has expired without leaving any will . I have my name in the ration card of her as family member in which she was as head of family . How , I can claim the property left by her ? Or I can not claim the property ?

Now the relatives (Brother & sister)  of her , who never came to care her are approaching & pressurising me to leave the house. In this situation what relief can i ask from court ? Guide me.

thanks for ur responses.

Learning

2 Replies

Bayya Reddy (Legal executive )     30 September 2010

Dear Adami with the help of elders in your place you can settle the matter, because you are also student and you may threat from your cousins, so better you can settle issue with amicably with the help of elders and cousins..........

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     30 September 2010

According to Hindu Succession Act, 1956, your cousin sister's brother(s) and sister(s) are her Class-II heir, and they are entitled to inherit her property.

Legally speaking, you have no right to claim the property.

Mentioning of your name in the ration card has no legal effect.

The visiting or non-visiting, taking care or not taking care of your cousin sister by her brother(s) and sister(s) during her life time is of no consequence whatsoever.  The position would have been different had your cousin sister had gifted the property to you or had left a will in your favour.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register