Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498_final stage (Professional)     08 November 2013

Lawyers taking dates only in 498a

Dear Experts,

498a proceedings started  after police submitted charge sheet in the month of March 2013. I got permanent bail as well in the month of august. 

I go to the court in every date, but my lawyers just go there along with me, ask me to give 10 rs baksheesh to the clerk sitting in the court and take another date.

Is there any advantage of taking dates under 498a?? Why the lawyers just taking dates when I am ready to fight?

Would appreciate if lawyers could respond to this question because it is very much related to a lawyer's psychology:)

Learning

8 Replies

fighting for my brother (HR)     08 November 2013

i have heard that even to get a date need some good amount of bribe, otherwise they just keep postponing things..

just check if  he wants1000 rs instead of 10 rs?? you will get to know the real colors of them..but dont bribe them... just be relaxed..

Sick lawyers..

but may be some good lawyer from this forum may help you..

Well they have to give the date. The money is given to get the desirable date. Lawyers... please share your views

santosh (executive )     08 November 2013

A lawyers source of revenue is based on the fact that the longer the case runs the more money he earns .Since normally you have to pay him per hearing basis . So wake up and change your lawyer and fetch a genuine lawyer who can fight your case genuinely rather than taking dates .

fighting for my brother (HR)     08 November 2013

i have heard that even to get a date need some good amount of bribe, otherwise they just keep postponing things..

just check if  he wants1000 rs instead of 10 rs?? you will get to know the real colors of them..but dont bribe them... just be relaxed..

Sick lawyers..

but may be some good lawyer from this forum may help you..

Hi Santosh,

In my case they asked for a fixed amount... So I dont pay them on a hearing basis. The amount is fixed... some % is already given to them and rest would be paid after the case... that has been agreed already. 

Also the lawyers have some reputation since he was elected as the President of Bar Association Ghaziabad many times.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2013

whether all other gifts are recorded

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2013

There are various reasons for adjourning a case, the lawyers remain a silent spectator to the court proceedings most of the time hence do not blame a lawyer withut ascertaining the circumstance of the case and prevailing atmosphere.

498_final stage (Professional)     09 November 2013

Case is strong enough for the lawyer not to even go to the court... I can fight and present my case myself. But have to rely on lawers

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register