Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreeram (analyst)     28 June 2018

Lawyers fee structure

Hi Mentors,

I'm stuck in a weird situation with my lawyer who has agreed for an sum of 2L at the starting of our discussion which held on 2016. But now out of nothing suddenly she is asking me to pay renewal of 2L to fight for next 2years.

Apparently, my wife is fighting the case for 1.5L which she knows and now Bcuz the lawyer got fed up with repeat dv and rcr cases she is trying to exit and come with additional fee.

However, initially she mentioned 2L is the one time fee towards the fight of the case..!!!

Feel really cheated with my lawyer Bcuz of her intolerance.
Not sure How do I deal... feeling very anxious and worried.

Plz help with your valuable suggestions

Learning

8 Replies

GOPALAKRISHNA   30 June 2018

God only should save you...

Sreeram (analyst)     03 July 2018

How is it sir can you elaborate your statement??

Ajay Gupta   07 July 2018

Best solution, compromise with your wife. That gives you peace of mind. When two people fight, third person benefit.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 October 2018

The Supreme Court rules 2013 permit a lawyer to charge a maximum of Rs 8,000 per hearing, barely a fraction of what is actually billed.

Sreeram (analyst)     29 October 2018

8000rs under what circumstances..??

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     11 November 2018

Lawyers rararely charge on per hearing or per attendance basis. They generally charge lump sum which would inclume many other things like preparation of the documents etc.If there is a dispute regarding remuneration it is very difficult to resolve. The profession is based on trust between the lawyer and his client. In case there is a dispute regarding remuneration or any other matter the best course is to change the lawyer.

Scot   19 November 2018

They often charge lump sum which inclume many other things.

ravi (engr)     07 April 2019

Hi Sreeeram,

Get lawyer's 17 digit Barcouncil regn No. , some how. Give a complaint to Barcouncil ,and also because of her higher cost, you plan to exit or switch to another lawyer, so ask her to give all docs with her details about the case. Else file consumer case on the lawyer. God is within you and every one. So one among will help. That is how you should take Mr.Goplalkrishna's comment on your posting.

have fath & support in Democratic and social justice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register