LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

k jagadeesh (-)     27 December 2011

Lawyers fee and percentage

CAN SOMEBODY IN THE LINE WHO IS ALSO FREE AND FRANK PROFESSIONAL ADVISE ME THE NORMAL FEE AND SOMETHING ON PERCENTAGE TO BE GIVEN TO LAWYER ON WINNING THE CASE?  i AM A MIDDLE CLASS RETIRED PERSON PLANNING TO MOVE THE COURT THRU SOME LAWYER TO GET DIRECTION AND INJUNCTION/POSESSION OF MY SITE WHICH IS ILLEGALLY OCCUPIED BY THE THIRD OWNER WHILE I HAPPEN TO BE THE FIRST BUYER OF THE SITE.  LAWYERS ARE DEMANDING A KILLING FEE AND PERCENTAGE.  STD. NORMS PLS. 

Learning

5 Replies

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     27 December 2011

The fees chargable depend on various factors of the case, the amount of work involwed, the time likely to take, etc. The fee may differ from case to case and its stages and also from lawyer to lawyer. There is no standard formate. So, it is better if you consult a lawyer and discuss these things with him beforehand. 

sanjeevkumargirdhar (Manager)     29 December 2011

Hi,

If i need consumer court support, whats the process. Do i need to hire a lawyer.

How to start.

Sanjeev

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 December 2011

@ k jagadeesh

Consult your near and dear ones, colleagues, eminent persons, and find out revenue/property lawyers of repute and choose carefully. Lawyers who are conscious of their reputation do not ask for percentage. Settle everything before hand.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 December 2011

@ sanjeevkumargirdhar,

Kindly visit the consumer forum in your area. The staff is usually co operative, and shall update you on the process, procedure, format of complaint.

It shall be appropriate to issue a notice to the opposite party (which you can also send). There are chances that opposite party may agree to satisfy you by making up for the default and deficiencies in their services.

There are lawyers who handle mostly consumer cases and charge very reasonable fee. You may enquire and avail the services of an experienced and competent professional. You will be benefited by the expert advice and services, and shall not have to attend the hearings. If your complaint has the merit you will get compensation from forum and thus indirectly you shall recover the fee paid by you.

k jagadeesh (-)     02 January 2012

Hi, Thanks for all of your advises.

In order to ensure no deviation is resorted to by the lawyer on either fee chargeable and or percentage, is it a STD practice to get into an agreement with lawyer in writing???? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register