LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

meAnonymous (employed)     04 August 2011

Lawyer's fees

I have filed a mutual consent divorce. My lawyer charged a certain amount to my spouse as well on the pretext that we both have to 'share' fees.. but later he has charged me with thrice the amount he charged to my spouse. Moreover whenever me/my father used to ask about his fees before the proceeding actually began, he never gave any idea about the fees..lastly, being a professional myself, i never demanded exorbitantly from my spouse..so its been a huge loss in terms of money, energy, time (the lawyer took almost a year to begin the proceedings) and mental peace..i have not yet made the payment, but feel that it is sheer injustice to pay him so much when in fact he has  not taken even one fourth the efforts..kindly advice

Learning

3 Replies

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     05 August 2011

how much fees ?

secondly told to your lawyer why they take 1 year?

generally after filling mutual divorce case court gives minimum 6 months to rethinking about your decision  as per act ,so  examin every thing first I am not negetive with you possibly advocate have no negligence

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     05 August 2011

Further for mutual divorce maximum time is 18 months, so try to get it done by him or by another advocate else both of you will suffer also. Good luck.

If need any assitance then may send us your complete details alsongwith detail of court where your case is pending.

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     10 August 2011

Like there r good and bad in all feild ( though the ratio differs so in politics, law feild, police, builder community etc we find more arm twisters) . ZSo pl. take everything in writing from all proffessionals, including fees, bribe, tips, xeroxing expenses ( once I had to ask a proffessional what r charges for going to loo as everything he was charging extra even after agreeing to his hefty fees. Advise all concerned to take shamelessly every thing in writing as if u dont have one then they will shamelessly keep asking for more and more.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register