LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yogendra (engineer)     06 August 2015

Lawyer mistake in affidavit

I filed divorce case some time back.there are 34 points in petition.lawyer also submitted affidavit of same  along with petition.I applied for certified copy and got petition and affidavit.point number 17-23 is missing in affidavit due to lawyer mistake in printing.It means one page is missing in affidavit.But petition is  containig all the points.How to change the affidavitt and add the one page(point17-23) as it is human error.ON last hearing advocate didn't come and now  he is outstation.Most probably divorce case going to be exparte.Please help?

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Ask him to take back and file again. This is very dangerous for you. One page missing is alarming, better change lawyer after he changes affidavit.

yogendra (engineer)     07 August 2015

Thanks Helping Hand

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     07 August 2015

Lawers can still make supplementary corrections without altering the scope and contents.This will ensure unauthorised interpolations,at any given point of time.

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     07 August 2015

The advice of Mr. Rao seems to beproper and can be safely followed.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     07 August 2015

U can submit a memo in the court for submitting supplementary evidence,court may grant permission.

Joseph Wilfred (Voluntarily Retired from Indian Overseas Bank)     07 August 2015

Dear Mr. Querryist

YOU CAN FILE AN ADDITIONAL AFFIDAVIT AND PETITION STATING THE FACTS THAT HAD BEEN OMITTED BUT WITHOUT MENTIONING THAT THE LAWYER HAD COMMITTED THE MISTAKE . YOU MUST MAKE IT AS " INADVERTENT ERROR " WITH A REQUEST TO THE COURT TO TAKE ON FILE YOUR ADDITIONAL AFFIDAVIT AND PETITION AS PART AND PARCEL OF THE AFFIDAVIT AND PETITION FILED EARLIER . SOMETIMES YOUR LAWYER MAY TELL YOU TO ACCEPT THE MISTAKE AS THAT OF ONE COMMITTED BY YOU. INSTEAD OF ADMITTING THAT AS YOUR ERROR OR THAT OF YOUR ADVOCATE'S ERROR, YOU MENTION IT ONLY AS " INADVERTENT ERROR ". AS ADVISED BY MY FRIEND " HELPING HAND " IT IS ADVISABLE FOR YOU TO CHANGE THE LAWYER AT THIS STAGE ITSELF TO AVOID ANY FURTHER COMPLICATIONS IN YOUR CASE AT A LATER DATE- JOSEPH WILFRED - 07/08/2015 AT 21:03 HRS.

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     08 August 2015

Thanks for concurring with the opinion...We wish larger opinion about Correction Required For Change of Residential Address will be very great help.A point which has larger concernswith the Banking Industry.

Joseph Wilfred (Voluntarily Retired from Indian Overseas Bank)     14 August 2015

Dear Mr. Lakshmana Rao

YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS IN YOUR BANKING ACCOUNT . THAT IS VERY SIMPLE . PLEASE CONFIRM WHETHER MY UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR QUESTION IS CORRECT . I WILL INFORM YOU THE PROCEDURE . YOU NEED NOT GO TO THE BRANCH AT ALL IF YOU HAVE INTERNET BANKING  WITH YOUR ACCOUNT . EVEN OTHERWISE THE PROCEDURE IS VERY SIMPLE. THEY MAY PUT IN THE WEBSITE THAT YOU MUST GO TO THE BRANCH WITH THE ORIGINAL ADDRESS PROOF AND IDENTITY PROOF TO CORRECT YOUR ADDRESS IN THE BRANCH RECORDS . THAT IS NOT AT ALL NECESSARY . I HAVE RECENTLY CORRECTED MY ADDRESS ONLY THROUGH Email AND VERIFIED IT BY OPENING MY INTERNET BANKING ACCOUNT . IT WAS CORRECTED IMMEDIATLY - JOSEPH WILFRED - 14/08/2015 AT 01:29 hrs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register