LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dina Nath   19 July 2023

Lawyer demanding more fees

Hi.. I hired a lawyer for my Criminal Writt Petition Case, I transferred full fees of 25K online for this case to him as decided, Lawyer filled the case 1 month late due to AHC summer vacation ( according to lawyers reason) secondly, on the very first hearing date he did not appear and send his assisstant to Pass Over the case, on the 2nd Hearing Court asked him to submit case diary which he forgets to attached to main case file and now he is again demanding Extra Rs. 10000.00 to submit supplimentary case etc.
My question to him is that why should I be penalised because of his inefficiency in work.
Now he is threatening me to make case "Kharaaab".
1.What can I do against such lawyer ?
2. He has taken my signatures over blank sheets for filling the case. Which he can use against me ?
3.How Can I be get FREE from such irresponsible lawyer ?

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 July 2023

If you suspect the lawyer to commit any fraudulent act or is trying to exploit you by demanding exorbitant amounts very frequently, you may change the lawyer and if he is refusing to give NOC, then you may report the matter to bar council where he belongs with a omplaint containing the events from the beginning.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     20 July 2023

Replace the lawyer immediately

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 July 2023

You can file complaint  to Bcar council as well as bar association of concerned.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 July 2023

Give a complaint to the state bar council on such lawyers.Under the disciplinary powers granted to the Bar Council of India under Section 36 of The Advocates Act, 1961 ['Act'], the disciplinary committee of the council has the authority to impose punishment on lawyers in instances of misconduct as mentioned under Section 35 of the Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register