LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Soma (ta)     08 September 2011

Lawyer change procedure

Can anyone please let me know what is procedure for changing a lawyer in high court.Is signing wakalatnama necessary?


 5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     08 September 2011

If you want to change the lawyer, you will have to take the no objection from the present lawyer on the vakalat.  If he is not agreed then you will have to issue notice to him terminating his vakalat.

Raj patel (Manager)     08 September 2011

What about trial court in Gujarat? we had flase 498a on my family and we got bail by the lawyer. No Offence to any expert people/lawyer in the form but the lawyer I got by family friend's reference who was dumb. When we went to court he actually asked one of his friend to fight our case !!! That friend was not so dumb but anyway he was his friend!

I want to know that :

Q. We got bail in 498a. The chargesheet still may take 1 or  2 month to produce by police. Can I chage my lawyer while chargesheet goes in court?

Do I have to do any legal procedure for it or just change the lawyer? I assume the case will run in Trial court.


DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     08 September 2011

You are the master so you can change your advocate but you must proper decison , if again you have to change than it will reflect badly on your case.

Vijay Kamble (Advocate, Mumbai)     08 September 2011

u may send him notice or can get the permission from the court before filing vakalatnama of new advocate

Vijay Kamble (Advocate, Mumbai)     08 September 2011

u may send notice to ur earlier advocate and/or u cn get d permission frm d court before filing vakalatnama of new advocate with an application

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register