LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Janardhanan (Nil)     12 December 2020

Law graduate posing as advocate? can complaint be filed?

Law graduate threatening me that he is an advocate and will initiate legal action for petty issues. The only proof i have is advocate sticker in his bike and car . He is not registered in any bar council. Can i file police complaint against him for fraud and misrepresnentation. With the sticker in his bike and car as proof. 


 7 Replies

Agneev Nandi   12 December 2020

being a law graduate does not mean that he is an advocate, thus he cannot file a case himself for any petty issues.
you can also file a complain if he is harrasing you illegally and has mala fide intentions in doing so .

Janardhanan (Nil)     13 December 2020

I have photo of his car and bike where he is claiming as an advocate. Will that suffice for a complaint? 

Shashi Dhara   13 December 2020

Give complaint to bar association and also to police.with proof.

Janardhanan (Nil)     13 December 2020

Is the car and bike photo a proof

Shashi Dhara   14 December 2020

You see enrollment  in bar council,if not give complaint.

Raghav Arora   14 December 2020

Also make sure his father or someone else who owns the car is not an advocate. Coz if there is someone then the car may have a sticker.

Janardhanan (Nil)     14 December 2020

Under which section the complaint i have to give. I approached bar council. They are saying he is not a member and hence they cant take the complaint. I have to approach police. Is photo of car and bike valid proof for police complaint. Which section i have to give complaint. What to tell in the complaint

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query