Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Babu (business man)     05 April 2012

Law course in distance

Hi all

I am post graduate(M.Tech), want to do Law course in distance. I feel it will be much helpful in future because my cousins creating problems with out sharing common Ancestral property.pls suggest me some good collegs.

Learning

8 Replies

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     06 April 2012

why not concentrate on present field there are lawyers to handle upcoming problem.yet you can study law without obtaining degree.no one need law degree to fight for own case.i think there are no distance programme for law study.regards

Achutha (Accountant)     06 April 2012

Dear Mr. Babu,

You can pursue law programmes in distance education mode. Annamalai University is offering Bachelor Degree Programmes in Law. You can opt BAL(Bachelor of Academic Laws) Degree or BGL (Bachelor of General Laws) Degree course. BAL is 3 years course where you have to study 16 subjects(5+5+6) and  BGL is 2 years programme and you have to study 12 subjetcs(6+6). University also offers LLM degree programme. 

All the best

Achutha

1 Like

Kumar (Family CEO)     07 April 2012

Achuta

Useful information. Do you or anyone on this forum know if a BGL gives the right to practice law - does it empower the person to provide legal advice ? 

The term " Lawyer/Attorney/Advocate" is a very serious term/business like Doctors - Please help us understand.

I highly doubt if one can become a lawyer in 2 years.

Please clarify.

Adam

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     07 April 2012

mentioned courses are not recognised to practice law as lawyer.regards

Raja (BA)     10 April 2012

How to become a practicing lawyer, I work for a software company, aged 35 years?

Achutha (Accountant)     10 April 2012

Adam,

Law programmes offered by any Universities in India under distance education mode do not enable you to enrol as an Advocate. So can't practice law with such law degrees. However you can gain good knowledge of law and is helpful in your employment, especially in the field of Accounts and Finance.
BGL, as I already told is 2 years law course, but it does not give you right to practice law or to become a legal adviser. It is only for those who have passion for study of law  but can't take up full time law courses.

Kumar (Family CEO)     10 April 2012

Thanks Dr Pawan and Achuta for your educated reply. 

abhinav3060 (lawyer)     03 May 2012

i dont think it will be recognised by the bar council as distance learning is never recognised by bar council of india .but others are most welcome to express thier otherviews so to speak nonone is really sure about anything in india and still education system is weak and nothing is firmly held .ur only way of finding out is thru this university .btw pls tell me for this distance learning can you give it thru studying in delhi?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register