LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaylal Jaisingh Bisukarma @ B. (LAWYER /ADVOCATE)     22 May 2010

LAW BOOK SELLERS ARE CHEATING THE LAWYERS..BEWARE

IT WOULD BE SHOCKING TO ALL THE LAWYERS WHO HAVE GREAT FAITH WITH THE BOOK SELLER WHO ARE AVAILING YOU BOOKS ON DISCOUNT BASIS. AND CREDIT BASIS. NORMALLY A BOOK SELLER SELLS THE LAW BOOK TO LAWYERS ON 20% TO 30% DISCOUNT ON THE PRINTED PRICE. THE BOOK SELLERS WRITES AN ACCOUNT FOR EVERY BOOKS SOLD TO THE LAWYERS. BUT HE DOSENT WRITES THE DISCOUNTED PRICE ON HIS ACCOUNT BUT HE WRITES THE PRINTED PRICE OF THE BOOK..THE LAWYERS BEING BUSY FAIL TO OBSERVE THIS CHEATING DONE BY THE BOOK SELLER. AND THE LAWYER PAYS TO THE BOOK SELLER THE PRINTED PRICE RATHER THAN THE DISCOUNT PRICE..EG. A LAW BOOK (I.P.C BOOK) OF Rs. 300 IS A PRINTED PRICE..30% DISCOUNT I.E YOU WILL GET THAT BOOK IN Rs. 210\-..BUT THIS CHEATER BOOK SELLER WRITE IN THEIR BOOK ACCOUNT THE PRINTED PRICE AND LATER WHEN WE ASK FOR BALANCE WITH HIM.. HE TOTALS THE PRINTED PRICE AND NOT THE DISCOUNTED PRICE...BEWARE ALL THE LAWYERS DEALING WITH THE BOOK SELLER CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT WHILE YOU PAY THEM MONTLHY INSTALMENT..OUR HARD EARNED MONEY MUST BE SAVED

Learning

8 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     22 May 2010

Thankm you for the information.

valentine (Advocate)     30 May 2010

Another fact is that the law books are costlier than any other books. The lawyers should get the books at half the price because for a novice to fight a singly case, he will have to read two to three other acts connected with the facts and circumstances of the case. For e.g. in a maintenance case if the support of adultery is taken to avoid payment, the lawyer will have to go through the civil provisions, CRPC provisions U/s 125 and provisions of adultery U/s 497 IPC. The fee coming in is a miniscule minimum.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     11 June 2010

Dear friends, I dont think it is fault of all the book sellers, but it is our duty to check.

Further i dont think evey book seller is same. May be they cheat us for one or other reason but i m not comfortable with the views of my ld. friend. So plz dont mind but we have to alert in all the fields else we are responsible.

Anyhow, if some seller has did like this then you can take your revenge by filing complaint of 420 as he agreed for 30 or 40% discount but later on recover the full amount.

Good luck dear.

Dalip Kumar Chhabra (Advocate)     22 July 2010

Respected member,

Thanks for your  awakening alarm.  Yet we all are bound to check up our own accounts regularly so as to avoid any complications...  We all should be careful.

Thanks..  DK CHHABRA, Advocate  

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     27 August 2011

Thanks.

G.Nagarajeshwar Rao (Advocate)     28 August 2011

Dear friends! 

I think no Law Book Seller will cheat any body more particularly the lawyers, sothat he has to sale his books in this platform only i.e. to the legal fraternity. No business man can cheat his customer, who intending to continue in that business.

I am observing that the publishers and the authors are cheating the legal fraternity by quoting the abnormal price on the book. They are editing the acts and comentaries and making a new book like "Old wine in new bottle", and cheating the legal fraternity.

Therefore dear friends! beware of purchasing the books, the book may already purchased by you with the another title and cover page of book.  

(Guest)
Totally agree with Nagarajeshwa Rao
1 Like

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     01 September 2011

YAAR HUM TO CASH MEIN LETE HAIM SORRY NO CREDIT FOR LAWYERS LIKE ME (FOR FRESHER)....SO I HAVE NEVER BEEN CHEATED .... GOOD LUCK

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register