IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bijay Meher   12 January 2023

Language related issue on University Mark sheet.

Dear Sir,
My root in the State of Odisha.My birth in Assam.My language is Assamese not Odiya.But people of Assam called me" Ana Axomiya" which means non Assamese.

We belongs to Bhuliya community which is minor in Assam.
In my Graduation mark sheet Dibrugarh University has not written my M.I.L(Assamese) .They left it blank.When I approached concerned authority to solve this issue they called me Ana Axomiya and stop the issue.It happened for a lot time.For this issue I could not apply State Government higher ranked job mostly administrative and teaching where Assamese language is commony required.
Also, District Exchange Employment Board also recognized that guilty marksheet giving their Stamp and signature on that marksheet.

I am poor and unemployed having no much fund for fight against this injustice.Also University person's are more powerful than me.
Can I get any help from administrative department with RELIEF as I became victim?


 4 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     13 January 2023

There are lots of Advocates who do pro bono services. You may even obtain legal aid from the Guwahati High Court and your local District Court. Legal aid is given to poor people, the State bears the expenses.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 January 2023

I agree with the opinion and advise of expert Mr. Pradipta Nath.

Contact Secretary District or State Legal Services Authority.where ever you intend to proceed./ jurisdictional court.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 January 2023

If you are affected by the acts of some authorities then you can approach high court with a writ petition to get proper relief and remedy.

In case you are not abe to meet the litigation expenses you can get free legal aid from the state legal services authority situated within the high court omplex


Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 February 2023

meet legal aid cell of your area.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query