LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jyothi   22 February 2016

Landlord son in law n daughter harrassment

Hi , im facing a lot of problems wid my land lords daughter n son in law. My husband works abroad so I stay alone in a rented house wid my 2 small kids.My owners daughter lives wid her family in first floor n we r on second floor.they r throwing my clothes from da terrace n wen i asked, they locked da terrace permanently and when i ask them keys they start fighting wid me.The landlord's son in law is an advocate. He is telling ur husband is abroad u dnt have anyone.. he is telling u dnt know anything about my surname n i can do anything n screw ur happiness as im an advocate. Problem is im not understanding da reason y they r fighting wid me.. i cnt vacate the house fr the next 6 months until my husband comes back as i have no one to help.. he is abusing me wid bad language n stating as he is an advocate i cnt do anything. Please help me wid a solution.


 2 Replies

Rohit Krishan Naagpal (Advocate)     22 February 2016

Ms. Jyothi Being an advocate does not give immunity from law . we live in a country where there is equal protection of law in fact law is biased towards females so you have every right to complain against any one who is Infringes law .

FREDYCHARLES RK - Bangalore (Advocate)     22 February 2016

I see no reason why you can't vacate the house n look for alternatives. These are days men are terrified by harassment laws

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register