Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay (other)     18 June 2014

Landlord signature on rental agreement photocopy

Hi,

Can some one tell me why the tenant will ask for landlord signature on rental agreement photocopy, since the original rent agreement is with tenant why does he/she need a andlord signature on rental agreement photocopy ?

the reason quoted by tenant application of AAdhar card.

is it advisable to sign on all pages of photocopy of rent agreement ?

suggestions please.

Learning

4 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     18 June 2014

donnot sign the photocopy.

tell ur tenant the notarize the photocopy of doc. but donnot sign it.

sundar sastri jain (proprietor)     19 June 2014

Respected Sanjay,in my opinion, Tenant is the Person who has taken premise in consideration for periodical sum i.eRentals, Owner should have original papers of rental agreement duly signed by both and also by witness, you can only give a Xerox copy of original agt, DON'T SIGN ON XEROX PLS.

sanjay (other)     19 June 2014

Originally posted by : sandeep jain
Respected Sanjay,in my opinion, Tenant is the Person who has taken premise in consideration for periodical sum i.eRentals, Owner should have original papers of rental agreement duly signed by both and also by witness, you can only give a Xerox copy of original agt, DON'T SIGN ON XEROX PLS.

Thanks for suggestions, wont be signing on xerox ...

but  practice in Karnataka is handover the original rent agreement to tenant and owners keeps the xerox..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 June 2014

what is the necessity of signing the photocopy of the rental agreement, especially in the event of the the tenant in possession of the original agreement papers with him.  If need be, let him get the photocopy attested by comparing the original with the photocopy with the attesting officer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register