LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradeep   17 March 2015

Landlord not refunding deposit

Hi, I took an apartment for rental in July 2014 through a broker, and paid 50,000 INR deposit via cheque. the document seems from notary. as per agreement either side has to give one month notice period, which i gave on 10th December 2014 and i vacated the flat on 10 Jan 2015. in the document owner address and contact number is not there and he never share the same with me. owner mentioned his address as same address where i was staying, so i could not sent notice in written or through email/sms to the owner. i gave notice to broker on 10th December and handover the key to broker on 10 January. i sent messages also which i don't have now in my sent folder. broker is continously making excuses regarding refund and i have no whereabouts of owner, i got owner husband contact number recently from society but he never picks my call. even after handing over keys owner put the rent cheque in the bank, which i cancelled fortunately. Flat comes under Charkop police station, Kandivali west, Mumbai

Can anyone please guide me what should i do.

Learning

3 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     17 March 2015

1. Now that the cheuqe of deposit has been stopped by you you need not worry at all.

pradeep   17 March 2015

but he is not refunding the deposit, its more than 2 month now.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     17 March 2015

Sir, Make a complaint to the police regarding the broker and the landlord .... They will return your deposit only thereafter .... They need some dose ... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register