LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek (Service Engineer)     25 June 2013

Landlord not accepting rent

Hello Have shop is Bangalore , My landlord has asked me to vacate shop , he has not aceepted any rent for April & may , what should i do , he may evict me on basis of not paying rent . Rental agreement is between my dad and Landlord , landlord expired in 2011 & my father expired in 04/2013 , now son wants me to vacate shop , actually i have sublet the shop to our relative , i have not informed him to vactate yet , I fear that my relative would not vacate it & would stop paying me rent as well. shop was given on mutual trust , withoult any agreements , father had requested him on several occassions but he refused , neighbouring shops pay 15000 bt he pays only 8000 frn many yrs . what is the diff between pagadi system / goodwill system of renting shops ?

Learning

3 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     25 June 2013

donot worry ,even if landlord files suit for vacant on basis of not paying rent.court will always give you time for the payment of arrear rent. and within such time u must pay the rent .

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     25 June 2013

you send the rent through money order or by cheque through Registered Post AD Card. otherwise you may go to court and deposit the rent with the court. thus, the landlord won't be able to evict you on the ground of non-payment of rent.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Neha Chowdhary (Law Officer )     25 June 2013

Hi,

In Pagadi System....as Landlord u will receive some token amount for ur property......

In Goodwill System....as Owner of Property....u can let that property to anyperson....based on his Goodwill...itsur discreation to take rent,to enter into agreement etc...

Regards,

Neha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register