LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek (Service Engineer)     24 June 2013

Landlord not accepting rent


Have shop is Bangalore , My landlord has asked me to vacate shop , he has not aceepted any rent for April & may , what should i do , he may evict me on basis of not paying rent .

Rental agreement is between my dad and Landlord , landlord expired in 2011 & my father expired in 04/2013 , now son wants me to vacate shop , actually i have sublet the shop to our relative , i have not informed him to vactate yet , I fear that my relative would not vacate it & would stop paying me rent as well. shop was given on mutual trust , withoult any agreements , father had requested him on several occassions but he refused , neighbouring shops pay 15000 bt he pays only 8000 frn many yrs .


what is the diff between pagadi system / goodwill system of renting shops ? 


 1 Replies

Paras Awasthi (Businessman)     25 June 2013



A registered deed is essential in any rent agreement. The landlord cannot evict you on non payment of rent, as you have already wanted to pay the rent. Pls, have appropriate proofs for this ready.

II think you should consult with a property lawyer. As, rent laws vary from state to state, it is essential to get information from lawyers who know your local laws. therefore i cannot suggest on this.

You can definitely log on to

Here they have property lawyers from all over the country who can help you with your matter. You can go and post you query on and you would get a detailed, written response from practising property lawyers. Depending on your situation you can also get the option that you have in your case. It is important therefore that you take reliable advice in such a matter






Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register