Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin Jaiman   07 September 2020

landlord harrassment

Hi all,

I was living in Hyderabad in a rented house with 3 other tenets. The rent agreement has names of all 4 of us. I am loving in this house since jan 2018. In march 2020 I came to Rajasthan, I was paying rent all this while but since july I have stopped paying rent and the owner started deducting from the deposit (2 months). I am in a position where I cannot pay rent anymore (financially) and cannot travel because I have asthma and I don't want to risk my life. The owner is forcing me to take my stuff or else he will throw my stuff out. Do I have any chance of fighting this legally?

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 September 2020

Consider your physical and financial strengths in fighting against the landlord at Hyderabad court from your Rajastani house.   Send a friend or relative to Hyderabad and vacate the house in a respectable manner, without inviting litigation yourself.

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 September 2020

The facts posted that you are not well-placed in seeking a legal remedy.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 September 2020

Property is belongs to landlord.  If a tenant has neither given the rent for a long nor is vacating the house, then the landlord can approach a civil court for damages for the loss which he has suffered due to the problem, both physical as well as mental. so vacate and thank them politely.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     08 September 2020

Originally posted by : Nitin Jaiman
Hi all,I was living in Hyderabad in a rented house with 3 other tenets. The rent agreement has names of all 4 of us. I am loving in this house since jan 2018. In march 2020 I came to Rajasthan, I was paying rent all this while but since july I have stopped paying rent and the owner started deducting from the deposit (2 months). I am in a position where I cannot pay rent anymore (financially) and cannot travel because I have asthma and I don't want to risk my life. The owner is forcing me to take my stuff or else he will throw my stuff out. Do I have any chance of fighting this legally?

1. Settle Amicably or Pay the agreed Rent.

2. Legally you will need lots of money to fight legally in court, which you do not have.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 September 2020

Legally you are on back foot, settle amicably to avoid legal tussle.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register