Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

1978mumbai (acd)     01 October 2016

Landlord cutting rent of 10 extra days from deposit

Hello Everyone,

On 1st of Sept I informed my landlord that I will be vacating his shop on 30th Sept, being having a good rapport he said do not give me any letter as he was OK with that (30 days notice mentioned on Agreement and the copy is with me). On 30th of Sept he changed, he is saying her will cut an extra 10 days rent from the deposit amount, his logic being the cycle of billing cycle being 10th of every month, so he is forcing me to take the keys which I have already surrenderd to his property agent. I want to take a legal action against him. What can be the next steps. One more thing the shop does not belong to him, it on his Daughter's name, he has been managing and signinig on all rent receipts on behalf of his daughter.

Property location : Mumbai Goregaon Area

Pls advice

Regards

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 October 2016

There should be some evidence. Send a legal notice for their response and file a petition in consumer forums recollect deposit without cutting.

1978mumbai (acd)     01 October 2016

Thank you so much sir for the reply.

What kind of evidenec? I have some smses we excahnged. One of them on 30th Sept when the keys were returned. Will that work?

And what about the expenditure, how much will it cost to fight a suit like that, the deposit it about Rs 50K 

Thank you

1978mumbai (acd)     02 October 2016

Thank you so much, the issue is now resolved, after an emotional sms, the landlord payed the entire amount. Guess the landlord was an emotion fool :)

Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register