LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Thakur Khoob Chand Bojwani   13 December 2018

Landlord and tenant

one of friend has got an order from the court to pay the rent of previous 2 years to the landlord and their is quarrels between both the landlords my friend pays the rent to one of the landlord namely A
And landlord B has an order from an court that he should receive rent from the tenant from past 2 years
what can my friend do?? should he vacant the place or pay the rent as he does not want to pay the rent and what will be against tenant if he does not pay the rent.

Learning

5 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     13 December 2018

Your friend has paid the rent for two years and he is not questioning the title of his landlord, so question of vacating the rented premises does not arise, unless he vacate it on his own volition. The dispute is between A nd B the landlords, and there is no question of estoppel of the tennancy, so let A and B decide as to who is liable to received the two years rent paid by your friend with his payment receipt. You have also not mntioned who were the parties in the Order passed by the court.

Thanku for reply sir ,my friend used to pay the rent to landlord B earlier but since 2 years he is paying rent to landlord A because Now A has the will of his father so according to the will landlord A's children and landlord B's children are the real owners Now after 2 years landlord B sued my friend and the court ordered that tenant should pay the rent of 2 years to Landlord B.so my friend doesn't want to any court matters and he want to vacant the place with out paying the amount to landlord B so can he vacant the place if he vacant the place without informing it to landlord B .then what will be the circumstances

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     13 December 2018

T.K.C.Bojwani, since your friend has already paid the rent, the matter should be setteled between A and B, who affirms that the other party is not the owner. All that your friend has to do is to show the payment receipt. 

1 Like

Thanks sir for your valuable reply

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     13 December 2018

if that is the case both the landlords A&B should have been made parties.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register