LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAJESH KUMAR PANDEY (Ownwer)     04 February 2014

Landlady is not giving rent receipt

Dear Sir, My Landlady is giving me forged Rent receipt (signing in different name, as the name on rent agreement ). When I came to Notice I have tried to give in cheque but she refused....Please suggest me what to do?

Even the rent agreement is not registered... It is just approved by nottery on 100 rs judicial paper.


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 February 2014

It is rescindable.Being unregistered , has no force of law .Salaried taxpayers who claim HRA exemption will now have to report their landlord's PAN if the total rent in a year exceeds Rs 1 lakh. "In case the landlord does not have a PAN, he must submit a declaration to this effect from the landlord along with the name and address of the landlord should be filed by the employee. So receipt sign. is not so important.

RAJESH KUMAR PANDEY (Ownwer)     04 February 2014

Dear Ramachary, I want to know that, if in mean time the Landlady deinies about the rent received than what I will do?

Magesh Malayalathan (ADVOCATE)     04 February 2014

try to send money order to that lady. the rental agreement need not to be registered but you should have proper evidence that you are in possession for that particular period if any dispute arises.  so send MO or send a legal notice stating that the receipt is required else the rent will be paid to the rent controller (Court)

TVD Rajkumar (Advocate)     06 March 2014

  1. Send rents by MO
  2. if refused, send a legal notice demanding the a/c to which the amounts to be deposited
  3. if refused take out a petition with the rent controller for deposit of rent

regards 8973259359

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register