Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alfred Sunder (Farmer)     08 January 2022

Land transfer from son to father

We are living in Villupuram District, Tamilnadu, I was working out of country so I sent money to my son to buy a punjai land an empty land. Now I am back to India and I would like my son to transfer the property in my name which he is willing. I would like to know whether it is easy to transfer the land from Son to Father in Settlement Deed or is it better to transfer the land in my name as Gift - Or is there any other way to transfer the land in my name with minimal expenses. Kindly advice and suggest 


 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     08 January 2022


Your son can execute registered gift deed in your favour. Gift deed requires nominal stamp duty as transaction is within blood relation. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     08 January 2022

Yes, your son can either execute sale deed or gift deed in favour of you but gift deed is best option it requires nominal stamp duty.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     09 January 2022

Registered Gift Deed is the option.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query