New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish   30 August 2023

Land sale - patta query

During 1995, my parents bought a land 5000 sql ft area.
Since i was minor at the time, the land was registered under the eldest children of my parent and the patta too in that eldest child name.
During 2005, the land was divided equally amount my parents children and registered and patta along with patta number was mentioned in the registration document as valid for all.
I dont have seperate patta for my part of land under my name, but my registration document mentions patta with valid patta number.
Original patta is in that elder child name.
I mortgaged and got loan with bank with the registration document.(without patta)

1.) Do I have to register for patta for myself under my name before selling my land?
2.) Is it okay to sell my land with the exiting patta which is valid but not in my name?

Please give your suggestions.

Thank you.


 3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     30 August 2023

Yes you should update the revenue and other realted documents

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 August 2023

the existing owner must have some kind of evidence as the legal owner of their land and to prove that they need a Land Patta. There are many benefits and importance of a Patta Land registration 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 August 2023

If it is a joint patta combining other properties n the same patta, you can apply for separate patta from the revenue department 

You can obtain NOC from the joint patta owners for this purpose  and have a separate patta for your property alone which will make it easy for you to sell your property without any hasle.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register