LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhanu (Owner)     26 December 2012

Land sale agreement

I have 4 acres of agricultural land. In 2008 i have made a sale agreement(not on stamp paper) to a party for 17 lakhs and agreed to receive an 8 lakhs as advance. I received 5 lakhs as advance and remaining 3 lakhs was agreed to be paid in cash and cheque pertaining to same amount is gieeven dating the date on which amount 3 lakh amount is given.But the purchaser had not given me remaining advance amount with in the time mentioned, and i denied to make a stamped agreement.In the sale agreement done when i received 5 lakhs advance no time frame was mentioned as to when registartion would be done.Now after 4 years the purchaser had sent a legal notice stating me to sell the land at the same price for which agreement was done.Does the agreements which are not done on stamp papers valued? And what happns if i proceed to sell my land to another party ignoring the notice?

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     26 December 2012

you cannot ignore the notice and sell the property.

you need to respond the same through an advocate. also need to look at your agreement for sale.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     26 December 2012

Mr. Bhanu,
My sincecere advise is as follows:

Firstly, since you have received legal notice, you must reply it suitably.  It appears that you have lac of knowledge and therefore better to  engage lawyer atleast for for  suitably reply.  Pl. note that you have accepted money by way of writings/Agreement . By not having put  writing on Stamp paper, does not absolve you from liability/responsility  nor does it disentitle claim of the  proposed Purchase of land, who has paid part of the Amount. 

Secondly, not mentioning time limit of executing Sale Deed is probaly purchaser is good enoght to give you sufficient time to clear the title so as to execute the title deed in his favour. This again cannot be ground for you to deny or disown payment already accepted by you in wring. Pl. engage lawyer for suitable reply to refudiate / settlement. If you wish my services pl. contact  (R) 0222-28547515 (M)9869400938 - Adv. Jeevan Patil(Mumbai).

ADV. JEEVAN PATIL

PROPERTY CONSULTANT & RETAINER,

VICE-PRESIDENT-(HUMAN RIGHTS &LEGAL CELL)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register