LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R.Anthony (Freelance Mechanic)     04 January 2013

Land sale

Dear Sir,
I am married and I have one son he is 21 years old. I have bought 10 cents of land in Udupi Dist and constructed a house on this land. Later in 2006 I bought another 10 cents land next to the existing one. Now I have some financial problems and want to sell this 10 cents of land I bought with my earnings but my wife is not allowing me to sell this land as I was abroad when I came down to India I have given her power of attorney to buy the land and to construct the house and to sign for electrical and all necessary government and panchayath what ever is needed to constructed the house in my name and this power is not cancelled till date. I want to know if she or my son can make any legal clam or any other problem when I try to sell this 10 cents of land.


 2 Replies

suresh (Advocates and Arbitrators)     04 January 2013

Dear Sir,

 When you execute Power of Attorney to your wife, whether you gave power to sell the property also? if that clause is not there, she could not sell the property. Please check with the Power of Attorney


1 Like

R.Anthony (Freelance Mechanic)     05 January 2013

Dear Sir.
First of all I want to thank you for your kind reply.
I have not given power of Attorney to sell, She doesn’t agree with me to sell the land, What I want to know is if she has any Legal wrights in the property? Can she or my son take any legal action against me if I try to sell it? We are not divorced or legally separated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads