Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anupam Mishra (Team Leader)     25 April 2023

Land records not matching

Hi,

My grandfather had purchased a plot in Lonavala (Maharashtra) in 1965, due to a family dispute I was not provided with the property documents hence I went ahead to search the documents and found that my grandfather owed three times the land as compared to what we have in our possession today. I have dug out documents like property cards, ferfar patra, and registration history of the entire ward to confirm if any sale had taken place but I found none. we do not have the possession of the land and the guy who has the possession is not willing to share details. He states he has had the possession since 1983. It has to be noted that my eldest uncle had taken out letters of administration to the estate of my grandfather in which he had only declared the land that we have in possession but the purchases deed of the land done my grandfather shows three times the land. How do I resolve this issue as my family is not showing any interest nor sharing any documents?

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 April 2023

Any meaningful suggestion requires that the documents are perused and issues discussed.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2023

Without having any documentary evidence how can you say that those properties were not sold by your grandfather or his deputy i.e., your uncle who obtained letter of administration.

If you claim a share in the property then you should know the fact that your father alone can claim a share in those properties as a right if your grandfather is reported to have died intestate.

You cannot claim any share in that property as a right at least not during the lifetime of your father because it is not ancestral property.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 April 2023

Before proceeding you are required to ascetain details of property, where no one can help you.

There after show the records to a local prudent lawyer for proper analyses, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Anupam Mishra (Team Leader)     26 April 2023

Thanks, everyone for your reply. My father passed away in 2019 and since then I have started to look into the property affairs. The amount of land mentioned on the property card and ferfar documents is as per the purchase deed for these land, I have checked with the sub-registrar and there is no sale deed recorded for these lands or any parts of it, yet the letter of administration has mentioned fewer sq feet of land. I have to say that there have been various such incidents that have now come to light with other properties as well. hence are there any other documents that I need to trace to make my case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register