Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lucky (SE)     25 July 2012

Land purchase for fruit orchard in gujarat

Hi all,

I am an anglo-Indian of Sindhi-Vietnamese origin who was born and brought up in Ahmedabad.

I need to purchase land to set up an orchard and but not sure if I am entitled to buy agriculture land because of my origins.

I recently read that if a person is living in Gujarat then he/she can buy agricultural land for cultivation purposes? (Does growing an orchard qualify as cultivation?)

Is it possible to take the Private Limited Company route to purchase land for the above use?

Regards,

Lucky

Learning

4 Replies

Vinod kashyap (Advocate & Legal advisor)     26 July 2012

An agriculturiest can only purchase agriculture land in gujarat. company can purchase agriculture land for bonafied industrial purpose only. I'll sugest you, you can cultivate agriculture land by forming a co-operative society & as co operative society you will entite to purchase agriculture land.  

Lucky (SE)     26 July 2012

Hello Vinod,

I had a look into forest societies today and based on the research I have done online, the most likely society that I can register for is a Forest Society (Please correct me if I am wrong). One thing I do not understand however is that registering a co-operative society  would mean a non-profit organization of sorts whereas here, I am intending to purchase land for an orchard. Wouldn't this be a clash of interests?

Regards,

Lucky

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     26 July 2012

Agriculturist is purchase Agriculture land in Gujarat, Any company not purchse Agriculture land on it name. Mandli / Society has purchase agirculture land for purpose of farm but it's very difficult.  

Abhishek (A)     23 August 2012

Just one more addition to previous question... If my wife or (my the girl to whom I will be married) is a daughter of a farmer, Can I purchase an agricultural land on her name, even though I am not an "agriculturilist"..? Especially in Gujarat.. how far is this possible

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register