LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (Consultant)     05 February 2010

Land problem

Hi,  we had a land in chennai and after some years my dad wanted to sell the same and he asked one of his friend who was in real estate business for selling the same.  After my father's demise my mom wanted to sell the land but we couldn't find the required documents.  We also checked with my dad's friend and he told us that it will cost some money to find the papers and asked to give some bribe to find the same.  We didn't give any money to him and instead post an ad in one of the news dailies regarding the lost papers.
After some time, one buyer was interested in the land and we told him we don't have the required paper.  He told us that he is fine with that and we gave him the Power of Attorney in his name.
But recently my dad's friend issued a notice to those buyers stating that the land is in his name and my dad has already sold the land to him.
The buyer has now issued a notice to us asking for money to be refunded (that to 4 times the amount we received from him).  We don't have any documents regarding the original transaction and now we are not sure what needs to be done.  Police has come for enquiry and asked my mom to come to police station.
Can anyone help me how to deal with this issue? 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register