LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suguna devaiah   01 February 2024

Land ownership

Hi i need suggestions on below: We have built a house in 1997 on a land in karnataka which we bought from our relatives by paying some money (Only normal paper with signature as proof, not a stamp paper ) but didnt register in our name till now. Currently the land is registered in somebody else name. How to get the ownership of land now?

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 February 2024

I think your relatives might have been sold the land without informing you.  So ask your relatives to register the sale deed in your favour by paying the remaining amount if any as you both mutually agreed.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     02 February 2024

You need sale deed to transfer the ownership of land. IF your relatives received the payment and the receipt is there then file suit for specefic performance. If they have already sold the land then better to get your money back and or file complaint for fraud

Suguna devaiah   02 February 2024

@kavksatyanarayana and @real soul thank you for the answer . As I know it's not only our land but it includes land from other 3 peoples which really belongs to them have been registered in one person's name. I think our relatives have not sold the land without our knowledge. It's a ancestral property. In current situation what is the actual legal method to get the ownership of land . We are living in that house from 1997 and we have paid the property tax from since.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 February 2024

Get a registered deed in your favour from your relatives. 

Shashi Dhara   05 February 2024

File declaratory suit with relevant documents against them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register