LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santosh reddy   15 May 2020

land matter

my father purchased a land in past 20 years back and did registration on his big mother and she does not have any kid recently my father expired 2 years back my father brother did land registration on his big mother he got pass book the registration done she sold to cash like that from land purchased time we are in cultivation land and we are in kabsa no one can recognise our grand mother in that area and please give me suggestions how can I get back land my uncle and grand mother cheated us land is ours just my father did registration on his big mother


 4 Replies

Ambadas Khedkar   15 May 2020

You can file suit for Partition, declaration & Injunction

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 May 2020

The facts, as posted, lacks clarity. Please post simple facts.

Does the purchase deed specify that the money for the purchase was povided by your father?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 May 2020

Entering into litigation on property purchased by your father in the name of his 'Big mother" 40 years back is not easy.  You can not blame anyone as it is your father then has kept the land in his 'big mother's' name and there is no one who can at this point of time evidence that it is your father's money and not big mother's etc..  Contact advocate as you are in possession and enjoyment of the property in revenue records, if only your father has not sent any amount to your grandmother at any time.  (It was the practice during olden times that when a widow received certain settlement amount from in-laws, to avoid cheating by others, that money was utilized for purchase of a las land is a fixed asset and the cultivation is given to nearest relatives and they used to give that income to widow for her maintenance)

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 May 2020

Confusing facts.

Consult a local lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register