LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

troubledsoul (engineer)     19 January 2015

Land issue

HI, I need your expert advice on following. I bought a land from an owner in 2011.  Now  I have the "patta" for that plot on my name. But recently I came to know that the land which I bought is a part of the bigger plot which is on the name of the father of the seller ( from whom I boughht the land). The seller has two brothers also. So my question is "Is it going to be an issue for me in future if any brother of the seller claim ownership on that plot"? What can I do to avoid any trouble in future? They have not asked us anything or have not put any legal case on the land yet. But I am going to build my house on the same plot now and want to avoid any kind of hassle in the future. Please help with your legal knowledge on how should I proceed from here on.

Learning

2 Replies

B.T. RAVI (LEGAL MANAGER)     20 January 2015

A. Your queries have insufficient details, What is the origin of the property of the Seller? Ex: Ancestral or Self Acquired or HUF property.

B. In case, the property origin is ancestral, two brothers or father's consent is required. Or Is there any partition deed available subject to origin of the property is joint family property?

C. In case, It was self acquired, no problem and no consent or release of right required from the brother and father.

troubledsoul (engineer)     20 January 2015

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The property is ancestral and there is no partition deed. It is on the name of joint family memebers and I bought it from only one member from the family. What should I do now? If they put a case against US , can they reclaim the land?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register