LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Arun Raj   21 April 2020

Land encroachment and forgery docuntations

my neighbor , head master of govt school, who encroached 5.25cents of my land, and registered 2 cent out of same 5.25 cent by settlement from his mother in 2003.Further then he built-up his G+1house and rented it for 15000 per month.
same was complained to District Register, DR of Registration dept of Tamilnadu. I have proper document, patta so I proved, but he was failed to prove the same. DR scrutinized the document and finally passed an order. He states, my neighbor is involved in forgery documentation and forgery in loan too.
How to I get back my land, what is the legal process.
what the punishment for his illegal activities.

Learning

4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     21 April 2020

Dear queist,

You can file complaint to local police station against your neighbour. If police dont take any action in that case you can approach the court and file complaint against the neighbour.

Regards,

Thanks sir, already FIR u/s 294b, 427, 506(1) is filed by police in 2018 but charge sheet not filed so far.

I need to know correct IPC section for illegal forgery document and his punishment too.

Karishma Yadav   22 April 2020

Hello,

Forgery has been defined under Section 463 of Indian Penal Code. The section says that whoever makes any false document or false electronic record or part of a document to cause damage, or to support any claim, or to cause any person to part with property, or to enter into a contract, or to commit fraud, commits forgery.

Section 464 explains when a person is said to make a false document or false electronic record. It says, a false document is made when someone:

1. Fraudulently makes, sign, seals or executes a document or part of a document, with the intention of causing it to be believed.
  2. Or, when someone, without any authority, with dishonesty, alters a document in any material part of that document.
  3. Or, whoever, dishonestly causes any person, sign, seal, execute or alter a document knowing that such person by reason of unsoundness of mind or intoxication cannot, or deception, does not know the contents of the document or the nature of the alteration.

Section 465 punishment for forgery, with imprisonment of up to two years, or fine, or both.

Section 468 defines forgery committed for the purpose of cheating, and the punishment for the same is imprisonment of up to seven years, and fine.

Section 469 talks about forgery committed to harm the reputation of any party, or knowing that it is likely to be used for that purpose. The offence is punished with imprisonment of up to three years and fine.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Karishma Yadav

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register