LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharat Patel (Private)     30 December 2009

Land encroachment

I live in the USA but have a house that I inherited from my father after he passed away. Over the years my neighbor has encroached on my land. There are maps/records at the local Talati office that I have seen which show the boundaries of my property. Now the office is claiming that they have no such records. How do I get my land back?

Learning

6 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     30 December 2009

whether the document mentions the four boundaries and area ? You can enquire with the city survey office. You can also obtain a copy of the document of your neighbour;s property from the registrar;s office and confirm whether he has encroached your land.

subhash kumar (advocate)     30 December 2009

dear, you can  obtained the old record  under right to information act and they are bound to give you the record under the act

Subhash kumar, adv

Thank you all for your prompt reply. I would like someone to act on my behalf to have this issue resolved. If anyone would like to represent me then I am willing to compensate you for your time and effort.

The village is in Navsari district of Gujarat...Thanks

subhash kumar (advocate)     31 December 2009

take the help of some lawyer who are expert in revenue and property matter at gujrat

Subhash kumar, adv

Bharat Patel (Private)     31 December 2009

Can anyone recommend a lawyer in that area? If there is anyone you know? I was hoping to find one through this forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register