LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nathanael Sailo   21 June 2018

Land Compensation

Dear Experts,
How the land owners of rural areas are compensated for the construction of NH44?


 5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 June 2018

You can file RTI Application to National High way authority and seek such information under RTI Act.

Application dt.22nd Jun,2018 seeking information under RTI Act

Before: Central Public Information officer, National Highway Authority of India, New Delhi

RTI fee: Postal order No...for Rs.10/- fvg.Accounts officer, NHAI payable at New Delhi.

Applicant: Nathanael Sailo,.........................

Information solicited:

1)Please provide me the copy of orders/notifications/circulars that states about the procedure being followed in paying compensation to farmers of the land that was taken for NH 44 Road laying and constructions.



Nathanael Sailo   22 June 2018

Thanks for the reply. But we are in a remote area of Tripura. Will the Land Acquisition Act of 2013 compensation be followed fully in this regard? We have claimed the compensation in the form provided by the Land Revenue Dept of Tripura. But we do not know any further details of rates per acre or anything much. What is the common Land evaluation of hill areas garden according to Land Acquisition act? Is it applicable all over India?

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     28 June 2018

Dist. Coll.of your area will pass award i.e. compensation for your aquired land . He is a competent authority.

daniel   27 February 2019

thanks for the info, very real for me now

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 February 2019

Also you can accept the same under protest and can file a suit for more compensation stating such grounds and atleast you can expect 25% escalation minimum.  But, all those beneficiaries should form as a group and entrust this issue to an advocate and share the Legal  expenditure which may come to less than 5% of actual future compensation to be received from Govt., as per court order

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query