LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SEKAR XXXXX (Sr Engineer)     28 July 2015

Land compensation

Dear Sir,

I ‘m an NRI.I will be receiving the money from my parents. My parents will be receiving the Land compensation from High court on behalf of Govt of Tamilnadu.The land category is rural area.


Can I get the money from my parents as a gift or Inheritance benefits. Is there any tax applicable if I will receiving the Land compensation  money from my parents.





 1 Replies

Ashwani Joshi (Advocate)     05 August 2015

Subject to rules regarding transfer of money from India to any foreign country, there is no tax effect upon you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register