Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dhanasree (n/a)     27 December 2007

labour issues

Good Afternoon

I have been working in HR department but did not come across these type of issues.

At present I am working in MNC company. Now the issue is that

drivers were taken on pay roll after one year of contract of their service. Before they could complete their probation they have been put again on contract basis with all facilities such as EPF. ESI, mediclaim & accident insurance. This is only because they do not want drivers be given enough of leaves such as Sick leave, casual leave & earned leave. Is there any policy in India where we can have leave policy according to cadre...i.e. worker section, clerical section, middle management & top management. or is it a legal way to have a agreement made between drivers and management that drivers would only be entitled for 6 casual leaves & 12 sick leaves and no earned leaves...please help to sought out the issue.

Thank you

dhanasree

Learning

1 Replies

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     08 June 2014

Yes. Since the drivers are being appointed only on the basis of contract, they can not claim benefits as other permanent employees except the benefits available under the statutory laws to the said contract employees. There is no legal bar to appoint employees on contract, to do certain kinds of work.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register