LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mubashar-us-saqib gill (advocate)     13 October 2011

Labour court jurisdiction

Dear Sir,

A bank Officer of Grade I wants to seek his remedey before labour court. Can he sue before labour court?  


 3 Replies

Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     13 October 2011

Your querry is not clear. I suppose that the bank officer is having some supervsory functions. If it is so he will not come under the definition of Workmen under sec 2(s). In such case he cannot seek remedy under ID Act.

mubashar-us-saqib gill (advocate)     14 October 2011

Dear Sir, thank you very much for your reply. Your answer supposing the querry is absolutely right in my case. But here in Pakistan the labour court judge while accepting application of the bank officer having a supervisory post to the extent of his brach, was of his view that a person who does not has a power to hire and fire the other personnels under his supervision, may seek remedy from labour court and can file grievance petition/suit also against bank management. May i request you to please eloborate further keeping in view the situation mentioned above. (Please mention case law of AIR etc. so that i can move before appellate forum.

Very much thanks again, for further guidance please.

Mubashar-us-Saqib Gill


Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     14 October 2011

Dear Sir,I was discusing the issue in Indian context. You may kindly explain thecase so that we can have a detaild study in the matter. Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query