LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Promit Chanda   21 June 2022

Kindly help me?

If the telecom service company some XYZ (without naming) that is not giving extremely poor network coverage where one or no network bars are showing both indoor and outdoor then what kind of action do customers who subscribe to the telecom company?
*action in terms of legally or any other ways.
Because appellate authorities aren't doing anything sitting quietly and waiting for the docket number to get expired.
Thank you


 1 Replies

Mahi Manchanda   23 June 2022


If the call centre or appellate authority is not addressing your grievances, there are other steps a consumer can undertake. 

You can file a complaint on the website of Department of Telecommunication online. This website is created by the Government of India to help resolve telecommunication complaints of the consumers. 

Further, you can contact the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) and express your dissatisfaction against a telecom company. The TRAI, however, does not look into individual complaints but will ask you to file a complaint through the Telecom Consumers Complaint Monitoring System portal of TRAI.

A consumer can send legal notice to telecommunication company in case it is unable to resolve his complaint. It is one of the efficient ways to handle the issue legally.

If the telecom company is not responding to your complaints even after sending legal notice by a lawyer then you should file a case against it in a consumer court. Consumer forum deals with consumer complaints and you should approach the consumer forum if you feel that your rights as a consumer have been violated. 

I hope this answers your question.

Have a good day!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register