LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumi   11 January 2022

Kids play in visitors parking, below the flat - noise pollution

We recently bought a resale apartment in a new apartment complex from one of the prestigious builder and facing some issue with Kids noise for 3-4 hours everyday. The particular apartment has only toddler play area. The builder has not provided any provision for play area. The designated visitor parking area facing all our balconies and bedrooms has turned into a full-fledged playground! Several kids and some adults are playing cricket, football etc. with severe noise and shouting which is causing us a great amount of disturbance and inconvenience.

We have approached association and after several mails, they just agreed to act as a  mediator to talk to the respective parents. 

Our lives are really affected, especially the work since both of us are working from home and we have a kid studying. We couldn't even sleep peacefully during those three to 4 hours from 6-10. Kindly advise.

Learning

2 Replies

Anaita Vas   12 January 2022

There's nothing much you can do about kids playing and making noise in your building. 

You could patiently speak to the children and their parents and request them to reduce the noise or play at some other time. I'm sure they would understand if you explain your problem in detail.

Regards,

Anaita Vas

Sumi   15 January 2022

It is affecting our daily life. Will any of the kids parents endure this kind of disturbance. Why only our apartment from the entire complex is affected. Can't I have the equal right as their parents. Our family members can't sleep, work or lead a normal life like all the others in the other apartment in the same complex. It's sad to hear such a reply from a forum like this. I was requesting a solution with what we can do legally, if such discussion goes in vain. Can anybody please suggest. Important thing is the area is a visitors parking and a drive way. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register