LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guruprasad (Lead)     13 November 2019

khatha Transfer issue

I have a query as I am looking to purchase one property(plot 1200sqfeet) out of 5250sqfeetland. B khatha is available in current seller name for whole land dated year 2006 and they have provided A khatha in the name of previous seller name for particular site(1200sqfeet) dated 2019. when we questioned about this, they advised that bbmp issued A khatha post bifurcation so they made A khathas for individual sites in the name of previous seller.

When we enquire the same in bbmp, they advised that they have issued A khatha in previous seller name now (2019)and once register in my name they will transfer the khatha to my name by bifurcation so that they are demanding money.

I have checked with local lawyer on the documents which lawyer advised except khatha issue , everything is fine.

Please advise shall I go and buy property and correct the khatha by paying bribe as b khatha in present seller name in 2006 and A khatha in previous seller name in 2019

Thanks.

Learning

5 Replies

Sb Karma   14 November 2019

Originally posted by : Guruprasad
 I have a query as I am looking to purchase one property(plot 1200sqfeet) out of 5250sqfeetland. B khatha is available in current seller name for whole land dated year 2006 and they have provided A khatha in the name of previous seller name for particular site(1200sqfeet) dated 2019. when we questioned about this, they advised that bbmp issued A khatha post bifurcation so they made A khathas for individual sites in the name of previous seller.When we enquire the same in bbmp, they advised that they have issued A khatha in previous seller name now (2019)and once register in my name they will transfer the khatha to my name by bifurcation so that they are demanding money.I have checked with local lawyer on the documents which lawyer advised except khatha issue , everything is fine.Please advise shall I go and buy property and correct the khatha by paying bribe as b khatha in present seller name in 2006 and A khatha in previous seller name in 2019Thanks.

Yes your lawyer is right...don't worry its all right.But don't foreget to register in your name As soon as possible during buy the property don't be lazy for this(like kal karenge,parso karenge bla bla)

1 Like

Guruprasad (Lead)     14 November 2019

Thanks for the response. please advise is this possible that transfer of A khatha from previous owner to me as B khatha is in current seller name. will it not be a problem tomorrow if Katha cannot be transferred.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 November 2019

“There were several complaints against the Uttarahalli ARO office over khata issues. 

Sb Karma   14 November 2019

Originally posted by : Guruprasad
Thanks for the response. please advise is this possible that transfer of A khatha from previous owner to me as B khatha is in current seller name. will it not be a problem tomorrow if Katha cannot be transferred.

You said earlier that you talked with bbmp and they said there will be no problem...then go ahed and make a deal.

Again i suggest one thing you can do---

just pay 70% of sale value and asked seller that 30% will pay after khata transfer,you both can made and agreement to do this,even you can pay post dated cheque to seller if he doubt.....try this will help both of you

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 December 2019

The facts, as posted, lacks claity. As I understand, A khata stands in a higher footing and confers secured rights, title and interest in the property.

Does the plot you propose to purchase is if A Khata, presently ? If so, have you verified the revenue records and the esp. the mutaton to this effect? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register