Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ismail (AM)     28 September 2013

Khata transfer - gpa holder - govt officials asking bribe

Dear Sir,

First of all my hearty thanks to all for their support and patiently answering for our queries.

Recent time our family is having situation regarding Khata transfer for one of our land in bangalore.

Back ground of the property and its present state:

- My dad had bought a land having three sites on our grandfathers name more than 3-4 decades ago.

- He had all the documents up to date to the best of his knowledge.

- Few decades ago we lost our grandfather.

- Even though it was clear between his siblings that it was bought by him on grandfathers name, they expected some share in the land.

- He had done all the paper works, he kept paying the taxes and also betterment charges. Most of the govt. formalities. The Khata was at that time in grandfathers name.

- However my dad as being in blood relationship he couldn't resist sharing this property with his siblings by selling 2 sites out of 3 and sharing the same among other siblings.

- This was done after they signed GPA on my Dad's name, thru which these 2 sites were sold to third party. And the 3rd site we retained as our share and hence he thought best to transfer it at that time on his children's name. So he got registered this site on my elder sisters(2) and elder bro(1) name.

- While he did so he got Khata transferred to his name thru GPA signed by siblings (1 younger bro, 1 younger sister & 1 elder sister).

- Meanwhile During this time our relationship with our uncles family and aunts family got weaker, as you know it involves money and with time people change.

- This selling and transfer activity took place way back in 2005/2006. Need to check again not sure the year.

- All this was suggested and done thru the lawer at that time.

- Now as we hold the 3rd site on our sisters and bro name but the Khata is in our Dad's name, so we had to transfer the Khata to the current holders name so we approached Govt officials.

- They asked us to show them all the deeds right from the mother deed (First party transaction between grandfather and seller at that time and thereon). We shared all the copies of the documents and sale deed to them.

- Initially they had asked for INR 18K, which they claim govt charges and all. I believe we did mistake here by giving them this amount to get the work done.

- So even after having GPA and then transfer of land thru this on our sisters and bro name we are being forced by govt officials to pay for 3.5 lakhs. If not they are threatening us by sending some letter to DC which we dont know whats in it.

We request your help and support as i need to prepare this documents to submit to SBI for loan sanctioning to build our dream home on this site.

We being middle class family cant afford so much amount to shelve and feel like being taken for granted. I believe most of the builders here in Bangalore might have spoiled these govt officials by paying lakhs of money to get this thing done and they expect everyone as builders here these days.

Looking forward for your favorable support.

Thanks in advance.

Mohammed Ismail

ismail.smilz@gmail.com

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register