LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikram Chandra (Advocate)     19 November 2009

Jurisdiction to initiate a civil suit

Dear Sir/s,

     Where to file a partition suit if the properties are located in different districts within the same state. Plaintiff resides at place A and one of the property is located in place A and the rest of the properties are located in place B within the same state. Now, can a plaintiff initiate the suit where he resides as one the property is also located in the same place of his residence but how about the other properties which are located in place B within the same state, can the other properties also be added in the same plaint or he has to file a seperate suit where the properties are located. Kindly advise.




 2 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     19 November 2009

  In such a case, where the immovable property is situated within the jurisdiction of different courts, the suit may be instituted in any court within local limits of whose jurisdiction any portion of the property is situated. So, the suit can be filed at place-A. No  need to file seperate suits.

1 Like

k.kumar raja (advocate)     19 November 2009

archana is correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register